MULTI-USE TRAIL ETIQUETTE
OGDEN NORDIC Grooms winter trails for HUMAN POWERED use. We have trails specifically for cross country skiers (both Classic and Skate techniques) and separate trails for snowshoeing and fat biking. GROOMING COSTS A LOT OF MONEY, and TIME, so we ask that all users respect the trails and respect other users. The following are guidelines for RESPECTING other users and for SAFETY.
• ALL USERS: Do not approach wildlife (moose) - if they do not move, turn around or pass
giving them wide berth.
- DIAL 911 for emergencies
• WALKING OR RUNNING without snowshoes is NOT recommended. Hike ONLY if trails are firm and you are not punching through. Footprints left on the trails can be dangerous to other users, and can contribute to accidents
- Yield to downhill traffic and faster skiers
- Step to the side of the trail when stopping
- Enjoy the snowshoe trails
- IF you are on the ski trails please stay off to the side
- Avoid the classic ski tracks
• Fat Bikers:
- Enjoy the fat bike single track trails groomed specifically for your use
- Minimum 3.75 inch tire
- Bikes yield to other users - use caution when crossing other trails
- Please no skidding, leaving ruts or post holing
- If the trails are soft, turn back - if you are sinking more than 1" turn back
- IF you are on the ski trails - do NOT leave ruts.
- Bikes allowed on main road only in firm conditions
- Keep dogs on Leash at all times
- Do not allow dogs to approach wildlife
- Always pick up after your dog